Friday, September 06, 2013

"FRIENDS & LOVERS”: Damilola and Babajide Pre-Wedding Photo Shoot




It’s been almost five years of friendship, love, laughter, tears, fights, arguments, break-ups and make-ups but when they look back now, they now know it was truly worth it. This initiated the theme of this beautiful engagement photo shoot - “Friends & Lovers”.
Bride: Damilola
Groom: Babajide

How they met(...from the bride)

We met in January 2009. I was bored on a certain evening and decided to step out. I usually drive out most times. However, this fateful day, I opted to take a stroll alone. I went to the supermarket and bought some snacks, did some snooping around and headed for home. I was munching on the snacks I bought when a friendly voice called out to me. At that moment many things ran through my mind; “should I stop or shouldn’t I?” I eventually decided to stop since a kind gesture won’t do anyone harm and from then on is history.

How he proposed(...from the bride)
When Jide travelled to UK last year summer for vacation, I had no idea He had connived with my younger sister in getting my ring size. My sister opened up to me before his arrival and this kept me excited waiting for his return. He arrived Nigeria few weeks after that. I was filled with so much excitement when I went to pick him up from the airport expecting a big proposal. We hugged and shared how we missed one another but still no proposal. I dropped him off and headed back to the office unhappy. Days, weeks and a month passed and still no surprise. I had taken it off my mind and decided to let it rest so I could focus on other things. Sallah was around the corner and we were all planning to travel to his hometown - Ijebu-Igbo where they usually celebrate the holiday together as a family. Been my first time to go on such trips, I prepared properly for it and looked forward to it.
On a fateful morning, precisely October 26th, after prayers together with friends and family during the Sallah holiday, Jide started saying things about us. He said how much he really loves me and how we had come a long way together. The next thing was that I saw him go down on one knee and popped the question. I was in awe. I said ‘YES’ and here we are today.




Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...